Tuesday, May 8, 2007

OK I lied..Im sorry.

I said I would have the new shop up yesterday and I didnt. I did post a couple new things on etsy but that is all... Let me tell you why though.. first off I now understand why most things in mohair are small. I paid more for a 9x9 square of mohair than I will willingly pay for a yard of fabric. Ok when I was ordering my little square I was thinking oh 9x9 thats a good size to get one deer. Well it got here yesterday and I realized how small it actually was..and let me say its so expensive I was almost afraid to touch it let alone cut it. Seriously maybe Im dumb but I had no idea. None.
So after hours of debating and wondering if I should just save it and buy one more I did it. I drew up a deer pattern to fit a 9x9 piece of fabric.. now my old friends know how much I love to sew small things...egaad....
But heres what I have so far and yes its a nightmare and yes there is some swearing involved... I now have a healthy respect for people who make teeny things and have the bravery to cut into that mohair to do it.he looks blue but he is a lovely aqua.