Monday, April 23, 2007

housework


I was thinking tonight that housework with kids is like going to war. By no means am I comparing housework to what we are currently going thru now or any war in the past but more like the battles we had as children taking it very seriously but it didnt really have any signifigance to anyone in the world but us. I have literally spent half of my life as a single parent of 4 children and even though one has flown the coop there are still 3 in the wonderful stage that is teenagedom.(I have not seen such horror since the last one was in the throws of terrible twodom) As I was cleaning off counters and putting in the dishes in the sink I felt like possibly I won the war today. They were all fed,had clean pajamas for bed and clean clothes for tomarrow. We wouldnt be embarassed if someone came into our house today,lol.so then I had to think ahead towards tomarrow what they are going to eat,where they need to go,who needs to get up at what time and what do they like for breakfast and do I have it.One thing Ive learned recently is that if I dont have something for them or I dont get it done I shouldnt beat myself up for it so hard because I may have lost one battle I have not lost the war.Heres to us all wining are battle tomarrow. :)